jr
the blog, continued
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Special is not a word I like to throw around too often, because that wouldn't make it special anymore, would it? Once in a long-ish while special comes knocking on my door. I seize the opportunity. More often than not, it eventually slips by. You might then ask, does 'special' still stand if it came but left as easily as it appeared?

No. I'm sure many a times you've heard the saying 'it's the process that matters'. By being the eventual 'loser', I'd like to think that's true. It's not like there was nothing there ever. There was, but unfortunately the definition of 'special' well, differs sometimes. Loser trying to make himself feel better, you say? Perhaps that's true, perhaps one did walk away with memories all of his own when he did.

Of course it's a huge regret that you couldn't be my 'third time's a charm' and neither was I 'lucky number 7' to you. At the end of the day however, I'm glad I fought valiantly until the verdict was laid. Seeing that this fight eventually made you realize where your happiness lies, I feel somewhat comforted.

A new phase begins, one in which I have to view you in a slightly different light than before. To be perfectly honest, some effort has to be put in to ensure I keep my mind completely sane, but I'll make it. My version of the fairy tale didn't come true, but I wish yours does from the bottom of my heart. 'Special'? You were, you are, and you will still be. :)