jr
the blog, continued
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
the million dollar garage--

As you know I love to dream about cars and gadgets, so I’m gonna dream again today that tomorrow after the $10 million Toto sweep my family will be worth several millions. Also, imagining that after becoming millionaires, I get a driving license out of nowhere. These are the cars that will make up my garage on a million dollar budget.

Photobucket


Fiat Panda 100HP

Would you just look at how amazing this little thing looks? You need no less than a Mini to look as cool in a small car. However only the $57k cooking 1.3 litre version is available in Singapore, so I’ll predict a price tag in the region of $70k to import this baby.


BMW Z4 3.0Si Coupe

If you want to see me go gaga over a car on the road, this is one of them. To keep my garage within $1mil I had to go to sgcarmart.com to find a used one and this slightly tasteless-ly overdone white example costs $185000 and is just less than a year old.


Maserati Quattroporte

This Italian luxury car is on my shrine so no need for introduction. How can I not have it in my garage if I’ve got the dosh for it? Hands down the most sensual looking car in the 7-series cum S class cum Lexus LS segment so dump those and come sit in ‘my’ one year old $325888 sex on wheels!


Range Rover Sport

Now for a person who owns a 1000 Gs worth of cars, one luxury vehicle is not enough. Massive road presence this premium off roader has, and although there’s no terrain that can be remotely be classified as ‘off road’, I want to know I can drive through muddy fields if I ever feel like. $309888 brand new.


Mazda 6 2.0 Hatchback / Subaru Legacy 2.0R Sedan

Rich people have senses too I believe so on a normal day while mummy takes the Panda out, I’ll drive the 6 or Legacy. Biggish Japanese semi-executive saloons should be more than spacious and reliable enough. Plus these 2 look pretty great to boot too. Fresh out of the factory Mazda 6 costs $89888, and the Subaru Legacy $86388.


So out comes the abacus. If I pick the more expensive Mazda as the sensible car, that’d bring my grand total to $980664. The remaining 20k, well I’ll set that aside for insurance then.


Wow I’m really good at dreaming.