jr
the blog, continued
Saturday, January 12, 2008
spring cleaning--
Before CNY comes everyone will do their spring cleaning and clear out the junk that's been sitting around the house the past year. While the wiping and rearranging isn't really what I love to do, it's really not the worst thing in the world to be doing.

Because every year during spring cleaning, I'll come across some very special objects that in the course of a hectic year were sort of forgotten. Things that've been sitting in the drawers and shelves but somewhat abandoned due to the whirlwind of events that's happening around the owner's life. Stuff like presents, birthday cards, tokens from a overseas trip, crumpled up notes, or probably just a movie stub. Ok so the people who wrote those cards and notes or gave me the things are still alive and I don't have to like have something to remember them by but these things show how much they care. For example my birthday may fall on a pretty special date which is so easy to remember but anyone could simply not care. But hey, I still receive messages and cards. So spring cleaning time becomes a day when I relive some memories and feel warm and fuzzy several times as I go through some of the things. They hold rather special meaning to me and I just can't bear to throw them out. *dreaming of a sweet birthday card*

Which is very unlike my mom, who views most of the stuff in my room as junk. She nags at me for keeping so much stuff everywhere. For keeping boxes that the presents came in, for displaying that soft toy even though it's just sitting atop my drawers gathering dust. Like come on, surely she can understand her son is a sentimental and appreciative guy and just wants to go 'awww' each time he comes into the room and see all these precious stuff?

Alright I don't really know the point of this post. Maybe I just miss the toy cars that I had to throw away to clear some space for other stuff. Or maybe I just want to let everyone know that the cards you people give me may be turning yellow but they're still sitting very comfortably in my cupboard. Happy cleaning everyone!